In 1975, evangelical leaders from around the world met in the home of Billy Graham to draft a biblical response to the abortion problem. Crisis Pregnancy Centres were formed as a direct result.
In 1987, a small group of Christian men and women felt there was a need for a CPC in London. After much prayer and assessment of available services, it was determined that such a Centre was needed. The Centre became incorporated and the name was changed to the London Crisis Pregnancy Centre.
The LCPC officially opened February 6, 1990 at 1140 Adelaide Street North in a one bedroom apartment (which was made into an office). After the first year, the Centre moved across the hall to a two bedroom apartment (which was made into an office). In March of 1993, the centre moved to 358 Oxford Street East, which remained itâ€™s home for 9 years.
In 2002, the Centre was blessed with its very own home where it remains today, 261 Piccadilly Street.