Approximately 3 hours/week in office, day of your choosing Monday – Wednesday (with additional hours needed for yearly budget planning, year-end, yearly internal financial review and major fundraising events.)
Beginning Wage: To be discussed upon interview.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The Bookkeeper provides effective and efficient day to day financial support to the LPFSC. This role involves management of records of purchase, receipts, and payments.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Executive Director. The Bookkeeper works closely with the Administrator. The Bookkeeper corresponds with the Board Treasurer providing reports as needed for board purposes.
- Weekly/Bi-weekly Bank deposits.
- Bi-weekly Payroll.
- Invoicing & Bill Payment.
- Reconciling Bank Statements
- Reconciling with eKyros on a monthly basis in preparation for year end (Administrator to assist).
- Communication with Bank Management.
- Managing credit cards (visas) – collecting receipts and reconciling.
- Maintain and reconcile office Petty Cash.
- Maintain and enter monthly EFT Donor donations.
- Correspond with ED & Treasurer in preparation for yearly budget & regular board reports.
- Work with Accountants (BDO) on yearly internal financial review.
- Commitment to Christ with a clear demonstration of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour & Lord.
- A strong commitment to the sanctity of life.
- Trained in bookkeeping (Payroll, government business requirements, non-profit charity government requirements, T4’s, Yearend preparation for accountant, Charity GST Return experience a bonus, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.)
- Highly proficient in accounting software, preferably Quickbooks online. Highly Proficient in the use of Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Gmail).
- Possess superior communication skills, servant leadership and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate ability to professionally manage highly confidential information.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Be committed to continued learning, maintaining professional and technical knowledge.
- Energetic and professional.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Able to provide a valid police record check.
Please submit resumes immediately to email@example.com by no later than Friday, December 3, 2021. The start date for this position will be the week of January 3, 2022.