Support Worker/Community Educator
Approximately: 21+ hours/week Beginning Wage: To be discussed upon interview.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ongoing open communication with Client Services Director.
- Provide crisis intervention support for each client.
- Client Intake/Pregnancy Tests.
- Prepare Client Files – ensuring forms are copied, filed and placed in support room.
- Provide and present information on parenting, adoption and abortion as required.
- Handle routine client calls, Follow up & maintain all client records and maintain client file notes (eKyros).
- Network with all agencies related to specific needs of the individual client (personal/legal).
- Networking with the community to bring awareness to other agencies of our services. (Not limited to just Medical Facilities.)
- Computer Software (eKyros) – Data Input, Statistics, Reporting.
- Develop and implement programs and forms specific to client’s needs as required (including but not limited to: mom’s program, client gift card support (with discretion and approval from ED) and care closet needs).
- Maintain and Update Referral Resources available to clients.
- Develop, Maintain/Update and Evaluate Current Educational Program Material for our Sexual Awareness for Grades 7-12.
- Implement the Evaluation tools for overall program feedback. (Survey)
- Communicate and Liaison between Schools/Churches to Create Bookings for Presentations *Off hour availability occasionally required.
- Facilitate School/Youth Presentations.
- Coordinate and Program Infant Simulators for Client use and Presentations.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Assist in social media initiatives when needed.
- Assist with all Fundraising Initiatives *after hours availability occasionally required.
- Support administrative and organizational aspects of the LPFSC (ie: keeping literature closet up to date as well as care closet).
- Contributing to the routine custodial duties of the Centre.
Professional & Personal Requirements:
- Commitment to Christ with a clear demonstration of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Saviour & Lord.
- A strong commitment to the sanctity of life.
- Bachelor’s degree in social/human services, other related field or a college diploma with previous experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in the use of Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Gmail).
- Possess superior communication skills, servant leadership and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate ability to professionally manage highly confidential information.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Be a self-motivator (self-starter with minimal instruction).
- Be committed to continued learning, maintaining professional and technical knowledge.
- Energetic and professional.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Has a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Able to provide a valid vulnerable sector police record check.
Please submit resumes immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, December 3, 2021. The start date for this position will be on Monday, January 3, 2022.